My first project with the XYZ Davinvi Pro 1.0 3 in 1. Read a lot of horror stories about this printer. That it is ABS ONLY. IMPOSSIBLE TO USE PLA. WELL HERE IS THE HOLDER. MADE FROM PLA. CC3D PLA From micro center at that. Worked like a charm. The only issue was the XYZ software telling me my prinf parameters were not correct for the material and damage to printer was possible. I double checked, looked good, so I figured if the Titanic can have a maiden voyage gosh darn it so can my Davinci Pro. Or something like that. I think the Software assumes a XYZ cartridge or some such thing. Bottom line: Everything ran just like Burger King at Ruth Chris's Steak house prices. The holder came out perfectly and what a great design. The holder clicked into place and has a perfectly aligned hole to feed the filament through to the extruder. And we have Professor ChatToBrian to thank for a first class engineering job. Since mine is PLA the only mod I made was to put on a coat of resin to give the PLA a little help. I don't think it's necessary for XYZ to necessarily provide a hanger as many will user the cartridge. But XYZ should license this holder and burn it into the samples on the printer, I hereby decree that ChatToBrian is a Knight of the Filament Spool and dub thee Sir ChatToBrain. Together with all the rights, privileges, and honorifics attached to such an ancient and exalted position.
Nozzle 210, Bed 90
All speeds set to 20mm/s
6 hours and change to brew.
XYZ tape on the bed
The printer is new and completely stock