Did family Halloween right this year. 2 full-size packs/wands and 2 at 70%scale for the kids. This took a lot of printing (and 3kg of ABS), and gave the mk3 a good workout. MileyOriley was kind enough to send me sticker image files. I printed these at Walgreens as an 8x10 photo and glued them on with rubber cement.
There were a few things I did to speed up the build:
1). 0.6mm nozzle lays down the plastic far faster. I used a .45mm layer height.
2). I combined parts in fusion360 where I could and optimized wall thickness/geometry/combined adjoining faces where I could to improve speed.
3). I batched as many parts as I could fit on the mk3 build plate. I got the full-size packs down to (each) 8 prints and one for the wand.
4). I found that the true volumetric flow rate of the E3d v6 is around 11-12 mm3/s vs the slic3rPE default max of 15. This is what really limits the speed of printing.
5). certain parts (spacers, etc) that are directly against the motherboard can be printed with 0 bottom layers. This jumps right into infill and saves a bunch of time.
6). the ion collector is a wooden dowel. The neutron wand barrels are made of 3/4" PVC pipe (adult) and 1/2" PVC pipe (70%kid pack).
The lights in each pack were blue and red 12v LEDs from amazon and controlled with a chaser kit from https://www.allelectronics.com/item/aec/led-chaser-kit/1.html
It uses a 555timer chip to generate a clock signal sent to a 4017 chip to decode and send sequential voltage signals to the leds. Super basic soldering. The red cyclotron LEDs were just paralleled off of the blue ones. Driven from a 9v battery there were plenty bright.