This is my version of SlightlyAbnormals nice design. Building it was a great experiance and I enjoyed it very much. I believe the creator has done a great job and would like to thank SlightlyAbnormal for allowing us, to benefit from his/her work.
I documented the whole buildingprocess at my site: http://www.galepp.com/modeling/airboat/airboat.htm
There were only a few things, that didn't fit or needed adjustment:
1 - the original MotorMount got the motor completely off center. I had to redesign all hole positions of the MotorMount to get it centered inside the propguard.
2 - the hole for cables in the servobox was to small and wrongly positioned for my servo to fit in. I did not redesign it, instead I widened the hole after printing.
3 - the AntennaMount is supposed to be screwed on top of the front-TrimRing. That I didn't like at all, as it means, you have to take the antenna off, before you can open the hull. Instead I made a cutout in the TrimRing so the antenna can stay in place when opening the hull.
I found the original design a bit "naked" looking, so I added a drivers seat to it.
Finally I added a tactical number and a name to the vessel (it's an insiders joke, I just like the series). My printer is single extruder only. That means, for those plates I have to swap filament from silver to white quickly when starting to print letters.
For the additional parts that were not included in original design have a look here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3253272
Ultimaker (silver), Minadax (orange, black, white) PLA
metallic silver, orange, black, white