Thanks DavidBogaerts for putting this model up.
This became a slightly bigger project than intended.
I wanted to reinforce the spine of the model with a dowel and add some locator pins to make assembly easier. Unfortunately non-manifold geometry made this a little more challenging. When I processed the engine section file through Cura I was horrified to be faced with a 19hr print. Because this was just inviting Murphy to step in and ruin it five minute before the end of the print, I decided to break up the engine section into the main body and 11 engines.
I redesigned the various guns and turrets to bring them up to a size that would be printable. The side gun turrets were derived from the guns on the D.VA Meka by Andernoo The main guns were adapted from the Wrecking Ball (Hammond) from Overwatch by SnickerdoodleFP.
As far as the painting is concerned, there are a few departures from the colour scheme for the Tantive. Seeing as I had made other modifications, I felt that I could get away with this because it wasn’t really the Tantive any more. Hopefully true fans will forgive me for this.
So, big job, and I’m glad to have it finished. I am pleased with how it turned out. Thanks again to David for introducing this model to the Thingiverse universe.