2019-04-25: Updated Code to v0.4. Small fixes and implementation of an external temperature sensor to get the ambient temperature.
2019-04-17: Updated the NeoPixel Code to v0.2. No Big changes. I got rid of the red dot bug and added a fading effect to the progress bars.
Please report bugs on the Github page.
2019-04-07: Here is a working code, but don't expect clean code. Please use it, modify it, make it better and make some nice designs.
All credits belong to:
2019-04-05: The NeoPixels are working. Currently I use an Arduino Mega, because I need 2 Serial Ports, one for the sniffing of the PanelDue and one for debugging. Softwareserial didn't work properly.
Things that already work:
- sniffing the messages from the board to the PanelDue. And yes, the PanelDue board (without the display) is mandatory at the moment. There is also a solution (explained below) possible without this panel, but I focus on the first version.
- I have the following values, which can be displayed on the NeoPixels: Temperatures (HeatBed and Extruder, Setpoint and Actual Value), Heaterstatus (active, standby, off) and the Progress of the Print. More Values (e.g. x,y,z Position, Standby Temperatures, ...) are possible to read out,the limitation is the Arduino processing power.
- NeoPixels currently show the print progress, the printer status and the heating phase of the extruder and the heatbed. All credits go to an Adafruit example for the NeoPixels, which is coded as a state maschine. I transfered all of the designs and modified one to display a "progress bar"
Things that still have to be done:
- I still need to get rid of some nasty serial communication errors. I thing, they depend on the peak load of the Arduino.
- recode the serial sniffing as a state maschine to reduce this peak load.
- adding more designs (maybe with the help of the community:-)
- testing everything with a smaller Arduino Nano or Mini. This can also enable writing to the serial bus (3.3V board is needed) for those who don't have a PanelDue.
- using one or two buttons to change the displayed values or to switch the designs? maybe in the future.
I will add all arduino code shortly.
2019-03-18: Update Walls: I added some pictures of the walls and the progress applying the "carbon" foil. I used 3mm Aluminium composite panels, which I could easily cut with an jigsaw. Here is a link to the panels I used: https://www.s-polytec.com/plastic-sheets/alu-sandwich-sheets/aluminium-composite-panels-black.html
Many thanks for that great printer layout. It is very solid and produces a great print quality.
I did just some very small changes on the outer walls and at the moment I build up the front plates. Additionally, I do some programmings for the NeoPixels with an arduino, but here are still some small challenges to do.
I will post some coding for arduino during next week.
NeoPixel progress and todo‘s:
- using an Arduino Mini Pro (because of 3.3V)
- sniffing on the PanelDue TX pin. Getting messages with temperatures, status and more but messages are very messy. If I don‘t find a solution here, I will try with an Arduino Uno or Mega with a Voltage converter from 5V to 3.3V for Duets TX pin.
- NeoPixels are working with Arduino. Still need some nice designes for heating extruder and bed and more.
- ... github?