This is my ongoing build, it uses most hardware from my old printer (a Frankensteined HyperCube/EVO mix).
It’s currently a smaller version with a 220x220x250 build size, but it’s capable of 250x250x300~ish. I opted for the smaller build volume mostly because of space and mostly cost savings and also enabled me to reuse most of my old hardware and start building almost right away.
There's some custom and modified parts in this build namely:
- Optical sensors for x and y + flags and mount points for them.
- Custom z-mount that connects all aluminium extrusions in one go making alignment a breeze.
- Vertical LED mounts for the Z-axis. (I'll post them to thingiverse if anyone's interested)
- Changed to M6 countersunk screws in the corners because of my aluminum extrusions (Type B M6), and countersunk because those where the only M6 I had laying around :P
- Changed X and Y motor shaft support bearings from 635ZZ to the smaller 625ZZ (i had the smaller ones from a previous project) and updated the 3D printed parts accordingly.
- Added a 0.2 layer to cover each screw hole that was aligned down to the print surface to make them easier to print without supports.
- The bed holders are the only 3d printed parts left from the old printer, they’re based on HyperCube Evolution bed holders. Same design, different dimensions. Planning on redesigning them because they're obstructing the leveling screws making bed leveling a pain (literally).
Custom based on HyperCube/EVO
Torwell/Clas Ohlsson PLA/PETG
0.4 line width
4 top/bottom layers