When I saw this design I was very excited about it. So I decided to build one. I would like to thank Dkennell very much for posting this design. Especially the stp files were useful because I had to change a few things because my linear bearings outside diameter is 15 and not 16 mm. I also had to reduce the size of the vertical braces due to the max print size of my Up Mini.
The parts used are:
Electronics: Minitronics Basic kit (reprapworld.com)
Extruder: Bulldog lite (I did not manage to get a abs/printed extruder to work properly)
Hot end: J Head (0.4 mm) and Merlin (0.5 mm)
Belts Pulleys: GT2
The problems I had were missing (X-Y direction) steps and the extruder missing steps. The problem was a not correct power setting of the stepper motors power. (Small pots on the microtronic print). I took me a while to discover that because 3d printing is new to me, and I had only the web as help.
I have good results with Cura, good/fast slicer and user friendly interface.
I am very happy with my printer, good design!!!!
Dkennell, thank you again