I printed this with Elegoo Mars Translucent resin for my D&D character. I think it kind of has a He-Man vibe to it. A keen eye might spy where Mending may or may not have been cast on it because some jerk that coincidentally fits my description broke it. I really wanted that blue magical look and I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with.
First I want to thank the designer. This looks great.
Second, I want to mention I was wearing nitrile gloves while doing these things.
It did yellow/brown/pink out when UV cured but, I took a small 3.5 floz container I got in a 4 or 6 pack from the dollar tree. I filled it about 80% with cleaning vinegar and microwaved it on high for 30 seconds. Any more than 30 and it will boil over. (Or find out for yourself. I don't recommend it.)
I then placed the mini into the warm vinegar and let it sit for 30 minutes. I removed the mini and I repeated that process 3 times and I didn't notice a difference between the 2nd and the 3rd.
I will also mention that this seemed to only work on smaller and thinner parts. I tried this vinegar trick on some bigger thicker models and it didn't seem to work. I later discovered that not post UV curing them is a way easier option if I want to dye them in the following manner.
To get it blue I put 99% isopropyl alcohol into another of the same containers I used for the vinegar experiment. I filled the container about 80% up. (I actually discovered the vinegar effect on a different mini while experimenting ways on how to dye/color this translucent resin after it had been printed. I found plenty of info about how to dye it before printing it but nothing about post printing. This is how I spend my weekends.)
I first tried 5 but ended up putting 10 drops of blue food coloring into the alcohol and mixed it until the color evened out and then a few seconds more. I then put the mini into the alcohol and let it sit for 5/10 minutes then pulled it out and let it dry.
Then I would dip the mini into the alcohol for a second or two and let it dry. I would repeat this process until I didn't really notice any difference. Usually 4 - 5 dips. I then let them sit for a day to be 1000% dry. I plan on spraying them with some sort of clear coat.
I think it turned out pretty well. Thanks again to the designer. I'm very happy with the way this looks.
Elegoo regular resin