Was a lot of fun to build. Several failed prints along the way, but all and all was fairly straight forward. I put some lessons learned in the notes below. Still have some more sanding to do to get the model to move more freely. Did print on Ender 3 V2 (no option for V2 yet on Thingiverse).
- Go slow on the prints and especially the building. The tolerances are very tight on this model. If you want it to spin, take your time!
- Use the files that have supports already
- Don't use rafts. Use glue and clean the bed every time
- Leveling is important on the larger pieces
- Plan on some sanding/post-processing when done. Don't rush. This is a journey and rushing it will hurt in the long run
- Tree supports really didn't help me much with this model. I ended up reverting back to standard supports.