Howdy, I am new to 3D printing but not to homebuilt CNC, which has been an interest on and off for years since I converted an X3 mill. 3D printing however will probably be a continuing interest since the setup is minimal and the materials are cheap. I have been having some bad luck with my printers however. I bought an Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus first and it started off on a good note, it produced some decent quality prints but is limited by the firmware and I believe I had some other problems with it which I have just recently resolved. Now it is printing (most of the time) like a champ.
Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus upgrades:
- Swapped the main board with a Re-ARM + RAMPS 1.6, running Marlin 2.0 currently
- Installed the board in my WT-LC case, and will soon be upgrading the 80mm fan on that case to a higher CFM fan.
- Added fans and heat sinks to the X, Y and Z steppers
- Added cooling fans to the feet
- Replaced the plastic corners with Aluminum (one of the better upgrades I did)
- Replaced the stepper drivers (I am going to put some TMC2130 drivers in once I get my other printer working)
- Added TL-Smoothers
The Ender 3 (AKA "Christine" - the one from 1983), is just now starting to print well, but only after many (MANY) hours of work, and expensive upgrades including a Titan Aero, stepper heat sinks, OctoPrint and a 3d Touch probe, among other things. Seems to be worth the work though, since it is now pretty reliable. My experience with the Ender3 is not typical though, it is a really good printer for most people, I just got a bad one and my problems with it were probably compounded by a few mistakes I made along the way to fixing it.
I'm happy to be a part of the great community of makers here who have shared some amazing designs. Seems that about half my stuff is re-mixed from designs others have shared, so thanks to them for that. I am hoping to contribute a bit too, and get some more designs tested and printed now that things are working better.
..|.. Peace Among Worlds ..|..
I Am A…Maker, Artist
Tools I Use…
Printers: Anycubic Kossel linear plus , Ender 3
Design Programs: ViaCAD 3D, Photoshop
3D Design Skill Level