Hey! This thing is still a Work in Progress. Files, instructions, and other stuff might change!
XY Complete Stage on CoreXY
by iH8, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
What is it?
After doing the X Carriage of a CoreXY mechanism printer, i've designed also the Y Carriage, so to complete the XY stage. At the moment al the designs are with magnetic attachment for the extruder block, but as soon as possible i will design also a standard one.
Does it work?
I still have no idea since i've never printed it, gonna try it out as soon as possible and write down a feedback in case it works (hope so). If somebody ever tried a similar method, please let me know.
What do you need for it?
- 15xS-03-01-N Magnets
- 8xLM8U linear bearing
- 4xø8 smooth rod (depends on what size of printing bed you would like to know, if you don't know how to calculate it, just ask)
- 4x608ZZ bearings (you can use also pulleys if you find the right method to mount them on in way to be free to spin)
- GT2 Belt (dunno the exact, 1m should me more the sufficient)
- 8xM3 Bolts and nuts (for GT2 clamps and X Carriage)
- 4xM4 Bolts and nuts (for bearing holes on Y Carriage)
- 1xTop_Side_Carriage.stl (you will find it here: X Carriage)
- 1xBottom_Side_Carriage.stl (you will find it here: X Carriage)
- 1xHotend_Carriage.stl (you will find it here: X Carriage)
- 4xBelt_Carriage.stl (you will find it here: X Carriage)
- Conic holes for easily stick inside the magnets
- Double magnetic carriage for double extruder
- Possibility to carry laser for engraving, pencil and more
- Double precision method implement
- Changing the sense of belts
- Adding an easy to adjust Endstop
- Third stabilizating smooth rod between Y Axis
- Published on Sep 6, 2015
Feel free to comment, ask, and (whynot?) to try it out leaving a feedback so to optimize project.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
XY Complete Stage on CoreXY by iH8 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving iH8 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure iH8 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).