Complete mini 3D printer with Arduino core - Mini Replicator Prusa I3 based 3D printer
This contains all the files to print your own 3D Printer. You only have to buy the rest of the parts. Arduino or atmega 2560 R3, nema 17 steppers, end switches belts and pulley's and 6 mm axles and bearings and of course a hot-end J-head E3D a more precise list you can find on www.3dtje.nl
In my opinion each 3D printer should be reproducing at least one sister or brother printer, in this case I developed a complete 3D printed printer.
This printer is used in 3D printerworkshops at the Stockholms school of Economics and at the TKH stockholm (technical university)
If you build this printer, please consider donating a second printer to a local school or a youngster who is really into 3d printing and technique. Let's put smiles on those faces ;-))
27-feb-2016: One of the 3Dtjes is now at the milton peeters college st maarten. It's been donated by me to the IT class. Their first assignement was to print a new printer (Prusa I3) and give the old or new to the next school on the island.
After a hit of 40000 views and 8000+ downloads. Please send me a note, where you made your printer, how it looks, works. I'm building a map of 3Dtjes world wide. as far as I can see people enjoy 3Dtje fron Argentina to Canada and UK towards Scandinvian Countries and as wide as mid Europe. If You like the design grant me a cup of coffee and i'll throw in some new designs.
- There was a second problem reported with the file for the bowdenmount part b. i've checkted the drwaing and made some ajustments. I use Slic3r te produce the gcode. a new file is uploaded.
- There was a mistake with the filename for the firmware. I,ve uploaded a new file, if you encounter any problems please let me know.
- Added optional part. This Replicator 1 Spool Holder is quite compact and has perfect dimensions to fit on the back of the 3Dtje printer. It also provides an excellent mounting point for a display-rest. When installed the carrying handle rests on this part and subsequently the display rests on the handle in a perfect angle. Update 16-jun-2016: For wider spools this remix was made, combining a display-rest and an enlarged 10cm long spoolholder. Unfortunately that version requires a larger sized printbed than the mini printer 3Dtje has.
- Replaced the feeder with a new file. this adjustment makes it easier to fill the filament. the hole for the connector is a bit bigger to fit a M5 insert.
- Replaced lower Z-axis supports left and right. (Fix for updated distance between baseplate mounting holes, 31mm instead of 30mm).
- Added new version of baseplate with higher mountpoint for feeder to allow easier manual feed of filament. Note that the latest feeder is mounted with the lever at the bottom and its end on the inside. The bowden tube is attached to the fixed part, not to the lever. This way the filament goes straight up into the bowden tube.
I'v been printing this on a 0,4 nozzle and 0,3 mm layer, but if you use a smaller nozzle you have to adjust the layer.
This printer is build with PLA, whenever i've time I put some instructive video's on Youtube.
There are only a few parts used so basically just print them and you should see how to fit them together. All of the holes are on their place and I used M3 screws in various lengths. The Z-axis is an M5 threaded rod. I've glued a small mirror on the printbed using double sided tape to obtain a perfectly flat surface.
You also need to download the arduino program to burn the firmware on the atmega board. Visit my website for more info or simply post here or send an email in case you question is ignored.