I was searching for something to easy help me with the filament material settings. Nothing big or with long waiting times. For that a long list of things is available, but just for trying the most important settings as temperatures, flows, speed, layer height, etc.
Here is it: print time is only 5-10 minutes, depends on your settings and it helps a lot:
- all measures in millimeters
- walls are exact 1.0mm to see eventual over- or underflow
- a little 45° overhang with a 1.0mm platform that shows warping and if you probably need to change the filament-fan speed
- stringging in the tube or between tube and platform
- a 0.2mm space between the cube and the cylinder to check with a paper if needed
On the picture are some printed examples. Nylon, T-Glase and Flex in the first row (from left to right), different ABS, PLA and XT filaments in the back.
Hope that this little thing is help you in the same way it is helping me with every new material!
Tip: Double the size in the slicer to 200% to get an even better impression at the end of the settings! (see the two pictures at the end).
See also my thing to check easy for overhangs and general filament settings: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2611846
Problems with layer bonding or need some layer calibrations? Check out http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2182560