An usefull helper for the first steps using my printrbot and dremel as a mil.
I used the manual control buttons in pronterface. The result is good for the first try, but takes a long time.
The dremel mount has some troubles with the forces during milling. I did the first round with a clearance of 0.5mm (the result was between ~0.2 and 1mm clearance). After that I removed 0.1mm per round only in order to keep the forces deep.
Used tool: 3.2mm high speed cutter
- Print the needed parts
- Drill and countersink some holes in the base plate (the two holes in the block have a distance of 40mm)
- Push 12 nuts into the 2 blocks
- Prepare 6 nuts for the jaws (destroy the thread on one side of the nuts, so that the screw get stuck)
- Mount the vices as shown in the pictures
- 2x printed blocks
- 2x printed jaws
- 1x base plate (plywood)
- 4x M3x10mm flat (countersink) head screws
- 22x M3 nuts
- 6x M3x60mm screws (or threaded bars with 6 nuts and 6 lock nuts as heads)