This is an effector for the E3D V6 hotend - it's a remix of kevinlo's awesome effector for V5 (+ clones).
I bought a genuine E3D V6 hotend, and found that it doesn't fit the V5 mount. (Duh?)
So I re-designed it to fit the V6!!!
I've been printing with it for two weeks now and it works PERFECTLY!
2x M3 x 16mm bolts (20's may be too long to clear the heatsink)
2x M3 Nylock Nuts
Updated Clamp - I just added a 'V2' clamp that clamps the hotend better and helps keep it more vertical.
The thickness of the Shell and Top/Bottom thickness probably are more important than the other parameters. I printed mine with 1.6mm Shell walls, and 1.6mm Top & bottom layers, just to give it quite a bit of strength.
I suppose you could also print it at 100% fill, but that's probably WAY overkill.
I DID print the clamp at 100% fill, so it would be as strong as possible.
I printed my parts in PLA - they're nowhere near the 'hot' part of the hotend, so I figured it could use the rigidity of PLA.
I had to file out the 'passthrough' part of the central cavity a little to get the hotend to come up through there (DON't file the side that clamps the hotend - we want that tight!) I suppose I could have fixed this in tinkercad, but haven't done that yet...
And don't forget to chase the holes with a 3mm drill bit. ;-)
You will probably also have to file down the edges of the clamp a little bit - it should slide into the effector easily (or just BARELY be touching the sides). We want the clamping force to be on the hotend, not between the effector and clamp.
When tightening the clamp, don't tighten it too much! Don't expect it to touch the main body! I designed it with a slight gap so that it would be sure to clamp the hotend into the effector tightly. Just tighten each one alternately, keeping the gap constant, until you can't spin the hotend anymore by hand. Then maybe give each screw another 1/4 to 1/2 turn.