Outpost 6 is a building for use in 28mm wargaming. It was inspired in part by the great terrain examples shown on the Maelstrom's Edge web site.
Dan Newman's Inkscape to OpenSCAD converter and Greg Frost's bevel extrude were both used in the construction of this model; thanks guys!
I think it should all be printable, and I look forward to seeing some prints!
Oct. 4, 2015:
- Updated main building roof tiles; they weren't going to print at 0.15mm layers for me (using Simplify3D). This new design looks like it will print.
- Adjusted angle of little fixture above windows to possibly help with printing (without supports). Thinned walls on annex to save some plastic.
Oct. 21, 2015:
- Made the tower somewhat taller, leaves more room for models on the roof and is more aesthetically pleasing.
- Rebuilt the complete and exploded views with new tower.
- Added an "open" tower. This is purely an optional component for those interested in being able to use the interior of the tower for cover.
Door and ladder shapes were created as shapes in Inkscape and converted to polygons with Dan's converter. Greg's bevel extrude was used to bevel the extrusions (obviously) to make them look nicer.
From there it's all OpenSCAD. I know, crazy. I have a better time working in OpenSCAD than Blender or similar, which I really only use for cleaning things up when making these sorts of highly structured models.