Extruder Fan Duct for Replicator 1 / Duplicator 4 / FlashForge / CTC
This is a remix of thing:537918
FINAL UPDATE: I've submitted a few final changes to v3 and I'm also publishing the cleaned up source SketchUp file for you to mix and edit. I likely won't be making any other changes since these are lasting over a year before any noticeable sagging, etc.
I really like the Active Cooling Fan Duct v2 and used it for quite a while (about 600 hours) but it would slowly warp and sag at the tips after 100 hours or so in my machine. This was even worse in cases where the fan was off during the printing process and the temperature was high for certain materials. I found myself reprinting it over and over and covering it in multiple exotic heat blocking materials to no avail. I wanted to remake the business end of the duct to be farther away from the heater blocks and less prone to warp while still providing ample breeze to the sweet spots, and add illumination the extruder tips.
- Original Author couldn't provide source cad files and I couldn't import the .stl's cleanly, so I basically had to remake the whole model using the original .stl as a guide. It's definitely not as curvy and may not actually move as much air. I have done no testing other than whetting my finger and holding it beneath the duct with a fan running and testing with prints. It works well for me.
- Duct ends are farther away from tips and less prone to warpage
- LED mount to illuminate deposition zone
- The fillet around the inner hole on top of the mounting clip was removed (just my personal preference)
- Miscellaneous minor adjustments were made to the shape to reduce unnecessary weight and improve print-ability.
Included is a version with and without a hole for the LED, and the mounting clips (you'll need two!).
If you install the LED, just run the lead wires out around the motor where the motor wires come out as illustrated in the picture.
For seriously fantastic information regarding compatibility, printing, and installation instructions; please refer to the original thing:537918.
Installed in a Wanhao Duplicator 4S.