BladeKey(TM) - Key Organizer
by Jamesdavid, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
BladeKey is now also available in various sizes milled from aluminium at http://www.bladekey.com
An easy to use "Swiss-Army" like organizer for keys!
Tired of your keys being a big sharp ball of metal? Tired of your keys making a bunch of noise as you walk around? The BladeKey key organizer solves those problems by keeping your keys in order. Your keys are held in with a single zip-tie and rotate out like a Swiss-Army knife as shown in the picture.
Relies on http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:8812 (Also Included In the Files Below)
I have provided an example STL, but you should generate one to fit your keys.
Great video describing how to customize and 3D print your own BladeKey: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAX3yav2C5U&feature=youtu.be&a
Measure Your Keys - http://youtu.be/ud4xJrZtB-M
1) Obtain a Caliper or a Ruler (2D Printable PDF Ruler: http://bit.ly/vq3y0).
2) Measure the width of all the keys you want to organize stacked together (mm).
3) Measure the length of your longest key (mm).
If You Do Not Have a 3D Printer, You Can Buy a BladeKey:
1) Select the right size at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/bladekey. If the right size is not there already, let me know.
** If You Have a 3D Printer, You Can Print a BladeKey:
1) Plug the Length and Width values into the OpenSCAD file.
2) 3D Print the resulting STL file.
3) Make sure the zip-tie holes are clear.
- Videos of Other People Printing the BladeKey:
Assembling Your BladeKey - http://youtu.be/J8iN-M1FWM4
1) Put your keys in the device.
2) Secure with a 1/8in Zip-Tie
---The 'tail' of the zip-tie should go towards the end of the device with the loop for the key ring.
Using the BladeKey
1) Demonstration: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYzIgaW44uM
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
BladeKey(TM) - Key Organizer by Jamesdavid is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Jamesdavid a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Jamesdavid would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).