(Made for 10mm smooth rod, havent tested it on 8mm yet..)
Moving a larger heated surface such as this, requires as little friction as possible. While I was having good luck with the solid polymer 10mm bearings, I still feel like it could be better and this was my solution.
I have been using a OpenX carriage design (will post link soon) on my Prusa Mendel for awhile now because I saw results immediately..print after print..so heres what I got, its for 10mm smooth rod on my sE1X, and the plan is to use them in the sE1X kits I sale on http://mobious.org .
Lulzbot 300x300mm bed plate: https://www.lulzbot.com/products/300-x-300mm-bed-plate-mount
-bearing alignment in regards to bracket hole placement, needs top side holes lowered by roughly 2.5mm's.
-Counter-sunk holes for m4 hex nuts on bottom side of carriage body.
-The nut traps for the M5's that hold the brackets and 605Z bearings to the side of the carriage body need to be lowered about 1mm.
(On my first prototype, I simply dremeled the top side M5 nuts that where protruding so that it would lie flat against the lulzbot plate. I also used a 5/16th drill bit to counter sink the M4 holes along the bottom side of the carriage bodies. Other then the bearing alignment being slightly off, its still going to show promising results! Reassembling now...will update progress! -pb)
All problems addressed. Raised overall height by 1mm to fix the trap nuts from sticking out. Fixed the bearing alignment on the brackets and filleted it a bit more. I also made traps for the M4 nuts. Fixed hole alignment with build plate. Enjoy!
Pretty quick, easy print..kept it stupid simple.
-- Required hardware --