Loading
giantpune

Dragonboard 410c Case

by giantpune Oct 24, 2015
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

i have the M3D, which is a very small new 3D printer. I have 2 Dragonboards and I would really like to print cases for them. The STL file with both the case and the top at once is too big for my printer. I have been trying all kinds of software to separate the two parts to print as separate print jobs but have been unable to. Can you help a newbie out?

The openscad file is posted. You can use openscad to create the stl of the top and bottom individually. Its free and open source software and it runs on all of the popular desktop operating systems.

oh,thanks - I had downloaded openscad a few weeks ago to try that - but I was trying to edit the .stl....instead of the .scad - many thanks, I will try again!

ok.separated them fine. I have to go out and I will print later, and report on it.

I don't know if you could by chance post the OpenSCAD files if you have them? I was thinking of making the screw holes slightly larger to accommodate some #4 standard screws and nuts that are readily available here.

I've uploaded the scad file just now.

Sweet! I'm glad I asked. I was trying to learn FreeCAD and modify the STL and wasn't having much luck figuring it out. That's a learning exercise for another time I guess.

Very nice, thanks for sharing!

This is great! Almost compatible with the Hikey board too!

I didn't realize the dragonboard and Hikey were that similar. From looking at the pictures of the Lemaker Hikey board, it appears that the hdmi port is a bit higher and sticks out more. And I don't see the 4 switches on the bottom of the board. I can't find many useful pictures of the CircuitCo version of the Hikey.

If you can give me some hints about what changes to make, I can try uploading a Hikey version.

True, the bottom is slightly different... I don't remember seeing switches. I printed it for a friend, and your design basically worked. Some differences:

  • The gpio header was a through-hole component, so the bottom interfered with one of the cylinder supports.
  • The power jack was offset a little sideways
  • The reset/power up button was mounted sideways and was difficult to reach.

It basically worked, he just needed to shave down the cylinder a bit. My friend and his co-workers were really impressed.