- outer_diameter: overall size of wheels
- wall_thickness: thickness of the outer rim and hub
- thickness: width of the wheel
- spokes: number of spokes (large number produces solid wheel)
- number of wheels to print
The default wheel is 5 cm and fits nicely on a barbecue skewer axle (~4mm). A set of four weighs in at 9 grams at 5 percent infill (9.1 for 10 percent = no difference). These were designed for balloon powered cars so weight was a big factor.
The set of eight fits the build plate of a flashforge creator pro perfectly. Prints in 2.5 hours with default settings.
Known issues / further improvements:
- Spokes are cubes so width is limited
- Only one spoke style
- Round axle is the only option at this time
- Code thrown together quickly - not the prettiest
I think the raft is the longest part of the print but I haven't tested any without it.