OK Another spool holder?!?! Yeah, unfortunately. I had been using a bar across the top of my printer to hold my spools on my previous printer, but when I switched to a Taz and 3mm filament there was just too much tension in the raw filament and it would crack when loading and even worse, just crack spontaneously. So anyway, I wanted to bring the spool closer to the printer, orient it parallel to the path of the printhead, and allow for dual spools (I have a dual head but have not yet got to playing with it). So I tried KDarlings design liking the simplicity of the install. However, it took up too much real estate across the top of my printer that I had to move the Taz logo, and more importantly could not install two. Remix time. I modified his design to make it simpler, but I designed it to use bolts. Once I finished it, I realized that the friction fit and gravity kept it in place and it didn't really need bolts/nuts. The finished product met my design criteria, so I'm happy. Hopefully no more filament cracking and wasting. I did print a rod to go with it, but obviously you don't have to. Anything will do PVC, pipe, dowel, etc.
Used .2 on the brackets and .3 on the tube. There is no easy way to print this. I printed it on its face, but whatever you do, Internal supports are required. This left me a rough surface, but it was not visible. I did print the tube vertically, so I used a brim for that.