Disclaimer: The "Ultimaker 2 Extended Aluminum Extrusion 3D Printer" is based on the "Ultimaker 2 Aluminum Extrusion 3D Printer" which is designed by Jason a software architect from Austin, Texas, also known as jasonatepaint in the Thingiverse community.
Basically the extended version provides more space on the z axis (100mm more). Dimensions of the heated bed are the same as Ultimaker 2 but with the extended version you can build taller objects.
The assembly is made in Solidworks 2014. I changed the dimensions of the vertical aluminum extrusions, rods and acrylic panels. Lead screw is 100mm bigger (400mm length). I have added three horizontal aluminum extrusion pieces to make the construction more sturdy (these may not be needed on the real construction-it’s on you to decide). Finally i used and modified the accrylic side panels that lions3, another member in Thingiverse, created.
For more information about the project click on the link below:
Differences between “Ultimaker 2” and “Ultimaker 2 Extended”
• The 4 vertical aluminum extrusion pieces are 105mm taller (500mm total length/piece).
• The 12mm linear rods are 105mm taller
• Leadscrew is 100mm taller (400mm total length)
• Acrylic side panels changed to fit the new printer
• 3 horizontal aluminum extrusion pieces are added to give more sturdy feeling
With those 5 changes you get the extended version of Ultimaker 2 :)