3D Printed Stormtrooper Armor (not screen accurate). Feel free to tweak and improve these files. I printed the whole suit of armor for Halloween 2015. I scaled everything to fit me. I'm 5' 6" tall and weigh 150 pounds. I have had to do some trimming and adjustments to the printed parts to make them a little more comfortable to wear and more form fitting but they worked great for what I wanted. You will have to bondo them if you want them to be perfectly smooth. I put a thin layer of bondo on everything before painting to take out the print lines. The forearm and shin pieces needed a little more bondo to take out the angles on them. I'm very happy with how this turned out. I created some of the pieces and others are modified from files I found online used for pepakura (I would put up a link but I can't find them anymore). The helmet is from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:391664
I printed everything with ABS without supports or rafts. I did have a few prints fail but i restarted them and they printed fine. I have a Rostock max V2 from SeeMECNC so I had a big enough print area to print the thighs in one piece. The shoulder, arm and hand pieces i mirrored to print for both arms. The shoulder straps needed a lot of heat gun attention to tweak to the right position and shape.All Parts should have a flat side to position on the print bed. This is why the shin pieces are cut into two pieces. To scale makes sure you measre the x,y,z on your body parts to make the piece custom fit you. When printing the shin pieces make sure you make the bottom part large enough to fit your foot through (I messed this up on my first print). It took about 300 hours of print time to print all of the pieces including the helmet.
Add Some 3D Printed UV color change designs to my Storm Trooper Armor
After the parts printed I put a thin coating of acetone on them to melt the layers together better.Next I added some bondo to the prints and sanded them smooth so the print lines would not visible.
I had to adjust the top of the thighs. I did this by cutting up the back of the piece and overlapping the top a little bit and then pop riveted it in place. I also added some foam pieces inside the armor to make them have a tight fit.
I connected the lower chest piece to the lower back piece using elastic. I also attached the shoulders to the shoulder strap with elastic at the top and I added a Velcro strap from the bottom of the shoulder to the inside of the bicep piece.
I added a file called Strap loop to attach on the inside of pieces to connect them with straps to keep them in place