Folded plastic lamp shade
by hakalan, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A fake folded paper lamp shade which fits a standard E14/E27 LED bulb.
I used the scripts from Scripted vases to generate this stl.
Here is how to build it:
- Print it as a vase: No infill, no top layers, a few bottom layers, one perimeter. (Mine is flexible, but not too fragile.)
- Find a suitable lamp holder. This is what I used:
- Drill a hole in the base of the lamp. For the parts above, a 10 mm hole is suitable to fit between the strain relief and the lamp holder.
- Mount the lamp holder and don't forget the cord...
PLEASE only use a low power LED bulb and check that it does not get too hot. If you use a regular light bulb (15W or more), the plastic will probably melt, catch fire and burn down your house and family.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Folded plastic lamp shade by hakalan is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving hakalan a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure hakalan would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).