A simple tool for straightening the legs of integrated circuits, based on similar tools.
Note that the screws and springs can be bought locally, or substituted for similar parts.
- Clean up the 3D-printed pieces as necessary
- Optional but recommended: tap the smaller holes with a 4-40 tap to prevent splitting
- Insert the screws into the piece with the counterbored holes
- Assemble as shown in the photo - push the pieces together with one hand while threading the two screws
- Adjust the screws until the desired tension and travel distance is achieved
- Use it!