Leapfrog creatr e3D bowden mount
by Mattical, published
Use This Project
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
As the title says , this is a mount for the e3D hotend in bowden configuration.
All in all this was a fun project to convert my printer from direct drive to bowden.
The original leapfrog fans still supply enough airflow for the cooling fins to remain cool to the touch. So i didn't add the e3D fan.
- I printed it in PLA to reduce warping.
- Designed to be printed without supports.
in order to successfully convert to bowden you need to do a few things:
- Relocate extruder steppers
- Reverse the direction of the extruder steppers (can be done by reversing a coil or change it in the configuration.h file)
- Change the thermistor setting in configuration.h to 5
- PID tuning (very important) (M303)
- Put the PID values in your marlin configuration.h file
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Leapfrog creatr e3D bowden mount by Mattical is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Mattical a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Mattical would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).