As the title says , this is a mount for the e3D hotend in bowden configuration.
All in all this was a fun project to convert my printer from direct drive to bowden.
The original leapfrog fans still supply enough airflow for the cooling fins to remain cool to the touch. So i didn't add the e3D fan.
- I printed it in PLA to reduce warping.
- Designed to be printed without supports.
in order to successfully convert to bowden you need to do a few things:
- Relocate extruder steppers
- Reverse the direction of the extruder steppers (can be done by reversing a coil or change it in the configuration.h file)
- Change the thermistor setting in configuration.h to 5
- PID tuning (very important) (M303)
- Put the PID values in your marlin configuration.h file