This is an improved Replicator 2 spool holder. The improvements include:
1) Turns very easily. the stiffness of the filiment even unwinds the spool a little.
2) No pinching to get the spool on and off, a slight tilt keeps the spool on.
3) Spool aimed slightly towards the filiment tube for better unwinding
4) Spool doesn't rub on machine, no matter if the large or small hole are outward.
1) Print the shaft using 0.1 mm resolution, and support. The shaft is sloped and the high resolution is needed so that the bearings don't rub against a stair case surface.
2) Print the spool holder using support and normal resolution. The support is only needed for that little lip at the end. It may not be necessary but I haven't tried printing without support.
3) Print 9 Roller Bearings. No support is necessary
4) Sand the roller bearings if there are any tabs at the end. They should roll nicely on a flat table.
5) Sand the inside lip of the spool holder to smooth it out a little.
6) Hold the rollers and shaft in your hand as shown in the photo
7) Slide the spool holder over the rollers and shaft.
8) Attach to the Replicator 2, just like the stock spool holder.
This design will have to be mirrored if you want to use it on the other side.