Flone it's an airframe for flying smartphones.
Video of maiden flight:
This is the old version 1.0 of the airframe. New version is available on:
App for control:
It has the place for a minimal setup:
- Android smartphone.
- Multiwii controller.
- Mini Power Distribution Board.
- Controlled by Bluetooth / DSM2.
- 4 motors
- 4 ESC
We enjoy designing it, it's well balanced and has the space for a clear field of view of the camera.
The design includes a tiny Flone PDB integrating airframe and XT60 power connector.
Get updated with new improvements in the airframe and the Android App in the webpage of the project:
PROJECT PRODUCED UNDER THE CALL NEXT THINGS 2013: NEXT SPACE.
LABoral centro de Arte y Creacion Industrial
- 4 x motors
- 4 x ESC
- Flight Controller
- DSM2 Radio Receiver.
For cut the frame we choose a 5mm plywood, it's cheap and absorb the impacts pretty well.
- Buy materials.
- Cut the frame with a laser cutter, or print it in a paper, glue it and cut manually.
- Assembly it (main frame + horizontal arms + legs) and glue it.
- Attach flight controller to electronic plate..
4 Attach DSM2 /Bluetooth to electronic plate.
- Solder Flone PDB
- Configure Flight controller
- Check the motor directions and solder them.
- Put propellers.
- Fly with your smartphone.
It's important to have some safety in mind working with this robots, put propellers in the last step of the construction to avoid accidents.
We love electric zips, to attach eveything: are light, cheap and it's the first thing to broke before an arm, an axis of the motor or a propeller.