by SirQuentin, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
This is a update of the "FireFlo v2" and a remix of the "DragonFli" frame (yes... with "i"!) and an alternative frame for the Blade NanoQX (also FPV).
Some stuff to watch:
- Here is a little video of the very first flight: https://youtu.be/a4SYjWPVkdE
Some general details:
- It consists of a topplate and a lowerdeck connected with shock absorbers to undock the flight control + cam and reduce motor vibrations.
- It has higher stiffness then the v2
- There are different options and predefined strapholders to attach the lipo (on the topdeck or under the lowerdeck)
- Antenna protection predrills
- More free space to add your own vTx and cam and enough space to place different flight controls (from NanoQx original board to SciSky).
- And because it consists of two parts, you can now mix colors yeyyyy!! :D
Some more detailed details:
- It fits the original NQX Cam or the additional Spektrum Micro Cam or selfmade cams.
- Its available for 7mm and 8.5mm Motors.
- You can bend the camera holder up to 20° if you heat it up a bit, but be careful.
- Frame size is at ~110 mm diagonal (m2m) and about 9 x 9 cm in length and width.
- Frame weighs ~7.3g (depending on the material used).
- You will need 3x shock absorbers which can be found here: http://r.ebay.com/Wfjzam
Example Setups that will fit and are tested:
- 50g camera gimbal damper rubber anti-vibration shock absorber
- Motor holders for this frame can be found in the "CopterCustoms"-Group. (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1133331)
- Just use two cable ties and put them in the provided holes in the lower deck (see screenshots)
- micro-motor-warehouse.com: CL-0720-12, CL-0720-14
- Standard Hubsan x4 H107L
- micro-motor-warehouse.com: CL-0820-15, CL-0820-17 Dark Edition
- Standard Hubsan x4 H107D, H107C
(for a proper fit, you should remove the motor plugs and solder the motors directly to the board):
- NanoQx Board (MOSFETs need to be replaced when using 8.5mm motors)
- NanoQx FPV Board
- MicroMWC (MOSFETs need to be replaced when using 8.5mm motors)
Cam and vTx:
- NanoQx FPV Cam
- Spektrum Ultra Micro FPV CAM SPMVA1100
- Selfmade like this: http://flitetest.com/articles/diy-micro-5-8ghz-fpv
(but if you get this to fit, its more like a bumblebee then a firefly ;) )
Get the "Bumblebee Backpack" here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1134205
- Standard Hubsan x4
- Standard Revell Atomium
- I recommend these for a flight duration of about 5-7min depending on your style and motors: 1s 3,7V 500mAh (http://r.ebay.com/a1v5I0)
- Velcro to strap it (10mm)
If you have questions, don't be shy. :)
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
FireFlo v3 by SirQuentin is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving SirQuentin a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure SirQuentin would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).