One Piece Customizable Spool
by jetpad, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
The spool's width, diameter and spindle size can be customized but its main feature is it prints as a single part without needing any support.
- Added a selection for a smaller spindle.
- Displays estimates for how much the spool can hold by weight and length.
- Performs some basic checks to make sure the spool designed can be printed.
- Does a better job at limiting the diagonal walls to a maximum of 45 degrees.
The side walls of the spool and the spindle are at a maximum of about 45 degrees so it should print easily without any support as a single piece.
I printed the default settings for the spool with 4 walls (or shells) and 20% infill. The default spool settings will hold about a 1/2 kg of filament.
Note: If you still have trouble printing unsupported with the hollow, or shape-removed options, try the non-hollow or non-shape removed options.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
One Piece Customizable Spool by jetpad is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving jetpad a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure jetpad would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).