Laser cutter Kerf gauge!
This is used to determine the kerf when laser cutting (kerf= the material that will be cut away by the beam thickness).
1) PMMA (Acrylic) pcs cut 2 mm thick cut with diffrent parameters
2) The first have cutting speed of 15 mm and 25% power ( 150 w x 25% = 37,5 w).
3) Gave me a kerf of 0.007 in or 0,175 mm.
4) The second had a cutting speed of 15 mm and 20% power ( 150 w x 20% = 30w).
5) Gave me a kerf of 0,005 in or 0,125 mm.
1) Masonite 3,1 mm thick.
2) Cutting speed 15 mm and 35 % power (150 w x 35% = 52,5 w).
3) gave me a kerf of 0,003 in or 0,075 mm.
I put a pen mark on the kerf I get and then I save the pcs , I put them in a plastic pocket, in a book cover.
Then I can go back and look at the quality of the cut burn marks and so on.
The zip file includes DXF file and Solidworks 2015 file.
Thx to elplatt loved your ideé just put my touch to it.