I recently printed the awesome Stormtrooper (thingiverse.com/thing:588) and Darth Vader (thingiverse.com/thing:7215) heads and wanted to give Yoda a platform to match.
I imported Yoda along with Darth Vader into OpenSCAD and was quickly able to scale Yoda down and add a platform to suit. Unfortunately I couldn't get OpenSCAD to render Yoda so I was a bit stuck. After trying cloud.netfabb.com and then playing with Meshlab for ages I still couldn't get the model to render and I have no idea how to use Blender. :(
I was about to give up when I realised I could just print the platform I'd designed and then print Yoda separately on top. It worked a treat! :)
- Download platform_for_yoda.stl.
- Download Yoda-Lite.stl or Yoda-SuperLite.stl (I used SuperLite) from http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:10752.
- Print the platform but when it finishes don't remove it from your printer and keep your heated build platform hot (if you use one).
- Scale Yoda down by 0.75 and recenter the model. Turn off Outline in Skeinforge or you'll have to cut it away afterwards like I had to.
- Align your print head so it is about 4mm or so above your build platform. I aimed for 4mm as that's the height of the printed platform and adjusted it by eye.
- Print Yoda.
- Don't profit or a certain copyright owner might come after you. ;)