Rostock Max (Delta) - E3D v6 Mount and Layer Fan
by Herrminator117, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Two things prompted me to make yet another v6 mount and layer fan:
1) The lack of a compact efficient layer fan for delta printers. Which I needed since I have an enclosure on my RMv2
2) My old bulky layer fan was absolutely abismal. It would get caught on prints and wreck hours of prints, and and didnt even cool all that well.
I pulled inspiration from the Atom 2.0 Delta printer, google it! Quite fancy delta printer!
This layer fan is the second attempt, my first design had issues with the air stream being too far from the nozzle. Which meant that the PLA would just look like poop.
These are the fans the holder is designed around:
Too get an effective layer fan I had to pull in the air stream very close to the nozzle to get the results I wanted. On the first few layers when the fan turns on, it will lower the temps maybe 3 degrees. It shouldnt be any more and it doesnt cause any jamming. As you get farther from the build plate the temps normal out. I have 60 hours of testing and printing with this setup (w/ long 15 hour prints) You must make sure the fans are seated correctly in the holders.
The collar and ring for mounting the v6 are pretty standard and straight forward. The notches are to keep your wires close and through the effector.
1) Flip effector - smooth side facing bed
2) Put all wiring through effector hole before mounting
3) Seat fans in holder - NEED to be fully seated. Use vice grip to push fan in to holder. The fans are metal, dont need to worry about being gentle
4) Place ring and collar mount on v6 - Collar opening facing toward z arm (backwards)
5) Hook up all wiring if you havent already done so.
6) Re-calibrate bed level with new nozzle height
7) In your slicer set min fan speed to 35% and max to 100%
.2 - .5
I printed in ABS, because I needed/didnt have a layer fan for PLA.
Should be able to print in PLA without issue, the mount and layer fan holder arent touching or near any hot zones.
Connect the laptop fans in parallel to a single 12v fan line on your printer.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Rostock Max (Delta) - E3D v6 Mount and Layer Fan by Herrminator117 is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Herrminator117 a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Herrminator117 would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).