Based on a scanned Elephant Coat Hanger I did, as the original one (http://www.nadjacarlotti.com/pateres-en-porcelaine/ BTW: not existing anymore) is in a very fragile material I wanted to be sure to be able to renew it.
The resolution is not perfect, probably the scan I did was not as close as it has to be to the original object. I've made again some details via sculptris, and add the hole behind to fix it with a bolt on the wall via meshmixer (both software are AMAZING !).
Nevertheless it's great to add more in my house to handle my child coats !
in summary, the worflow is:
- scan with 123D catch
- import only the .obj without the mapping (avoid memory issues) in meshmixer to isolate the elephant from the rest of the scene, and add the hole behind
- import the isolated elephant to sculptris (.obj) and add any details
- export again to meshmixer and prepare the stl for printing
- print in PLA with support needed beyond 40°
print in PLA with support made beyond 40°
wall 1,6mm (can be more in case of to increase rigidity of the trumk).