Elephant Coat Hanger
by antontre, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Based on a scanned Elephant Coat Hanger I did, as the original one (http://www.nadjacarlotti.com/pateres-en-porcelaine/ BTW: not existing anymore) is in a very fragile material I wanted to be sure to be able to renew it.
The resolution is not perfect, probably the scan I did was not as close as it has to be to the original object. I've made again some details via sculptris, and add the hole behind to fix it with a bolt on the wall via meshmixer (both software are AMAZING !).
Nevertheless it's great to add more in my house to handle my child coats !
in summary, the worflow is:
- scan with 123D catch
- import only the .obj without the mapping (avoid memory issues) in meshmixer to isolate the elephant from the rest of the scene, and add the hole behind
- import the isolated elephant to sculptris (.obj) and add any details
- export again to meshmixer and prepare the stl for printing
- print in PLA with support needed beyond 40°
print in PLA with support made beyond 40°
wall 1,6mm (can be more in case of to increase rigidity of the trumk).
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Elephant Coat Hanger by antontre is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Non-Commercial license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is not allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving antontre a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure antontre would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).