Ever wanted to collect every last bobblehead in real life? Well now you can!
Scale, print, paint, and display your very own custom bobblehead collection exported straight from the Fallout 4 game meshes. These files have been prepped for printing in Netfabb and posted for you to enjoy.
I've updated the files so that you can optionally print the body and head separately for each model. Drill the holes, add a spring from a click-pen, and you've got a functional bobblehead! This will also help with overhangs. Intelligence and Science wear glasses and Luck has a top hat, so there are three different head shapes. Agility's head is fused to his body due to the angle of his body and the turn of his head.
0.3mm for 4.6x scaled print
Some things to consider before you begin this project:
- The files are about 16mm tall by default. This is the size that they came in when exported from the game. I have not scaled them in any way.
- Most of the heads are lightly attached at the neck. (Agility is fully joined to the body) This leaves the possibility for you to "break" the head off and install your own spring or balance pin to but some bobble into your creations!
- I used a scale of 4.6 to get a Charisma bobblehead that is exactly 75mm tall. 6.2x scale to get a 100mm tall bobblehead.
Your final ABS prints will greatly benefit from an acetone bath to smooth the surfaces. That's what I intend to do eventually.
Luck's 4-leaf clover is so thin that it will be impossible to print. I have included a file that omits the clover so that you can add your own later. A greed twist-tie and some paper petals should work great!
- Installed programs Bethesda Archive Extractor and NifSkope.
- Extracted the bobblehead .nif files with BAE.
- Imported .nif files into NifSkope and exported .obj files.
- Converted .obj files to .stl files using an online converter.
- Repaired each new .stl using the Netfabb Cloud tool.