Warm your mince pies with nothing more than orange peel and olive oil!
You will need:
- 4 Paper clips
- Small orange
- Mince pie
- 3D printed parts (Part 1 & 2)
No need for rafts, supports or brims. I printed my version on a DaVinci 1.0 using 15% infill.
Unfold paperclips and thread
Unfold the four paper clips into thin rods, and thread these rods through the holes in Part 1. Then fold the clips over the sides (fold them into the side with the holes for the legs) so that the rods don't fall out.
Make your orange candle.
1) Score in a ring around the center of the orange. We're interested in the half with the stalk attachment.
2) Pry the orange segments out, BE SURE TO KEEP THE CENTRAL MEMBRANE AS INTACT AS POSSIBLE! This will be our wick.
3) Fill with a shallow layer of Olive Oil, and make sure the wick is well soaked.
4) Light with a match - may take a few seconds for the wick to catch.
5) Place in rounded dish of part 2.
Combine & Use
Combine parts 1 and 2 by fitting the stands into the slots. Place a mince pie ontop, and eat when toasty!