Loading

Styracosaurus albertensis

by Raggo3D, published

Styracosaurus albertensis by Raggo3D Dec 29, 2015

Contents

Design Tools

Blender Mudbox

Liked By

View All

Give a Shout Out

If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.

Print Thing Tag

Makes

Thing Statistics

1846Views 882Downloads Found in Animals

Summary

This model of a dinosaur, Styracosaurus albertensis, is my first foray into 3D printing! I come from a background in video games as a modeler, sculptor, and texture artist.

Styracosaurus albertensis was a centrosaurine dinosaur - an older cousin of the better-known Triceratops - that lived in the Cretaceous period. Its remains have been found in the Dinosaur Park Formation in Alberta. It can be distinguished with its impressive nasal horn and spikes running along the upper portion of its frill. It is estimated to have weighed three tons and been around the size of a very large rhinoceros. Many paleontologists theorize that between a specialized set of scissor-like teeth and a sharp beak, Styracosaurus, along with many other ceratopsians, ate cycads and palms.

This model was made in Blender and sculpted in Mudbox. Its polycount has been lowered for print.

How I Designed This

Render of full resolution model with PBR textures.

Muscle reconstruction

Muscle reconstruction

More from Animals

view more

All Apps

Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps

Tools and Utilities

Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing


Auto-magically prepare your 3D models for 3D printing. A cloud based 3D models Preparing and Healing solution for 3D Printing, MakePrintable provides features for model repairing, wall thickness...

App Info Launch App

Kiri:Moto is an integrated cloud-based slicer and tool-path generator for 3D Printing, CAM / CNC and Laser cutting. *** 3D printing mode provides model slicing and GCode output using built-in...

App Info Launch App
KiriMoto Thing App

Quickly Scale, Mirror or Cut your 3D Models

App Info Launch App

I used Cura to generate the gcode. I tried to print it multiple times, but it failed. It printed the raft for the right front foot, then moved to the left front foot, and tried to print way above the bed. Then it went back to the 1st foot area, and started a little cylinder. Then back to the other foot and printed way above the bed. Ended up with a start of a raft, and a small ball of filament every time I tried. I went back to Cura, rotated the model and tried again, with the same results.
I am new to 3D printing, and maybe I had the setup wrong.
Pete

Top