This is the third evolution of the Itty Bitty Double Extruder.
NOTICE: Version 2.1 released. See notes below.
A hardware kit is available; links below.
New in this version
- Better flexible filament control
- Supports Hexagon AO
- Designed for easier printability with less cleanup
- Low-profile shelf brackets to support underslung X endstops
- Support for more Z probe switch types
- Designed for Hexagon or E3Dv6 hot ends on 27mm centers
- Short, straight filament path to accommodate flexible materials
- Uses the same hardware kit as all Itty Bitty Double Extruders
- NEMA 14 motors
- Silent GT2 belt drives with printed pulleys
- Integrated servo Z probe
- Cam-lock idler bearing pins
- Uses our custom hobbed bolts (or equivalent)
- Lighter than a stock single Accessible Extruder
- Integrated hot end cooling
- Mounting hardware for Prusa i3v printers
All of the files are included for the entire extruder system for 1.75mm and 3mm filament, Hexagon and E3Dv6 hot ends. To assemble the entire system you will need to print:
One extruder block
- For 3mm hot ends: Double Flex Block-300Universal.STL
- For 1.75mm hot ends without a liner: Double Flex Block-175Universal.STL
- For 1.75mm E3D hot ends with a PTFE liner and fitting: Double Flex Block-175E3dLiner.STL
Hot end-specific parts
- Hexagon hot ends: All of the parts with "hexagon" in the file name. An alternate fan shroud is provided for the Hexagon AO.
- E3D hot ends: All of the parts with "e3dv6" in the file name.
You will need two copies each of the idler blocks, idler pins, pulleys and round spacers and one copy of everything else.
- I3VXCarriagePlate.STL - replacement for standard i3v X carriage plate
- Adjustable I3VXCarriagePlate.STL - X carriage plate with a larger hole to use an extra V-slot eccentric in one of the upper holes for leveling
I recommend ABS. Some people have reported great success with PETG.
In addition to the printed parts, you will need the following vitamins:
- Hardware kit
- Available here
- GT2 20-tooth Pulleys with set screws (2)
- GT2 200mm Belts (2)
- 688ZZ 8x16x5mm Bearings (6)
- Extension springs (2)
- Fiberglass/Polyimide insulator
- M2.5×10 socket head cap screws (2)
- M4x.7 hex nuts (2)
- M4x20 button head cap screws (2)
- M3 flat washers (6)
- M3x.5 hex nuts (11)
- M3x25 socket head cap screws (3)
- M3x16 button head socket cap screws (10)
- M3x12 flat head socket cap screws (10)
- M3x8 socket head cap screws (6)
- M3x6 button head socket cap screws (2)
- Light springs for flexible filament (optional)
- Hobbed bolts with jam nuts (2)
- Hot Ends (matched pair)
- NEMA 14 stepper motors (2)
- HXT-900 Servo
- Z probe switch
- You can use virtually any snap switch, including the one that came with your MakerFarm printer.
- 25x25x10mm fan (Hexagon hot ends only)
- 40x40x10mm fan (for print cooling)
- A 40mm fan is now included with most Hexagon hot ends
Detailed assembly instructions can be found here:
Release Notes for Version 2.1
Version 2.1 includes the following changes:
- Added longer versions of the Z probe arms for switches without levers
- Fixed thickness of Hexagon double groove mount for a better fit