by 3D4LIFE, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
If you want something printed, consider buying through my 3D Hub. Link: https://www.3dhubs.com/seattle/hubs/3d-life
This is a combination lock I thought up. It was inspired by (but not derived from) SavageRodent's combination lock. Use the customizer to make your own passcode for the lock. Just type in a number from 0-9 into 'numberOne' through 'numberFour' and 4 dials will be generated. Download them, and print!
NOTE: ring.scad has been fixed! It now generates 4 dials in one use.
EDIT 1/1/16: Made the teeth on the shackle closer together so the rings will be closer together.
EDIT 1/2/16: ring.scad is fixed! This no longer uses bridge2nowhere's MTG Life Counter.
EDIT 1/4/16: Before, the first and last correct digit mechanism could be seen from the sides. I have created rims on the shell, shackle, and endcap so people can't see the correct combination. Also, added a marker to shackle to show where combination goes.
EDIT 1/11/16: Before, ring.scad needed to be used 4 times to generate 4 dials. Now, you can use it once.
EDIT 2/20/16: Expanded the gap in the dials for the teeth. Also posted a pic of the finished lock that has been printed.
- Pick a 4-digit passcode. (ex. 1234)
- Use ring.scad to generate the four digits that you need.
- Print the dials, shell.stl, shackle.stl and endcap.stl
- Slide the shackle into the shell.
- Slide the dials from the back onto the shell in the appropriate order to make your passcode. make sure that the teeth go through the gap.
- Slide the endcap on after the dials and glue in place if it's not tight enough.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Combination Lock by 3D4LIFE is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving 3D4LIFE a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure 3D4LIFE would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).