Update (12/10/16) Some have asked me about where I found black epoxy. The truth is I didn't! I actually just added a few drops of Testors black model paint while mixing the two part epoxy. It works great! I haven't tried any other colors but I don't know why it wouldn't work as effective.
Update (7/19/2016) I added a picture of the rear of the guitar body that shows the screws and socket head cap screw locations, plus the hardware, Note only one spring was used in this setup.
Update (2/27/2016): Added bottom left component without initials in STL & SolidWorks (2016 format). This detail can then be printed w/o initials or use the SolidWorks file to create your own design on the face.
This is a remix of Jon Stevenson's '62 Fender Stratocaster. He featured his progress on tumbler.com: http://3dprintedguitar.tumblr.com
Jon's original files are found here: https://grabcad.com/library/snapfit-3d-printed-guitar-1
Jon was inspired by Jeff Campbell's Stratocaster model on GrabCad: https://grabcad.com/library/62-fender-stratocaster
I have made adjustments to the files so they can be printed on a smaller format delta style printer. The six main parts of Jon's design have been turned into eight. I have removed the lizard and added my sons initials as this was a Christmas present for him.
Printed pieces were epoxied together. Fasteners were used per the original design. Neck and pre-wired pickguard w/ pick-ups were purchased on Amazon.
Parts were edited where necessary in SolidWorks then converted to STL format.