ultimaker syringe extruder
by joris, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
A syringe extruder without any extra hardware. No extra motors, no extra anyhing from the hardware store! oh, yes, you need a washer or what i use now: a hose coupling and of course, you need syringes...
[sorry these are not the best pictures...]
- Print the file in nice colours.
- screw in on top of the ultimaker exruder head
- use the existing plunge or print a new one and use just the rubber
- now the trick: use the filament to push the plunge. For better retraction light the filemant and melt it to the plunge
- play a little with the settings [extruder speed must be a lot slower!] and start with simple shapes
- if the filament grinds, detach it from the plunge, cut 7 cm and melt again
what i still need is an extra thing to attach to the sliding blocks that could hit the end stops. It could be something very simple clicked or screw which you can remove easy when printing 'normal' again.
It should work more or less the same on a makerbot i think.
Let me know...!!
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
ultimaker syringe extruder by joris is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving joris a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure joris would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).