Either you want to make a huge 400x200y300z mm Cartesian 3d printer from scratch or you want to upgrade your existing Prusa i3 (or its derivatives) to a machine with dual heated beds and more than doubled printing space, i3 2Xz+ is a well documented and tested machine suitable for you.
All improvements where done after identifying problems of various prusa i3 based machines during 2 years of creating and selling reprap 3d printers. Many Open Hardware projects were used in this version, Which are carefully selected among a huge number of tested open source 3d printer parts and upgrades available online.
- 400 x 200 x 300 mm printing area.
- An enlarged rigid 10mm acrylic frame (any other suitable material can be used).
- All electronics are supported, preferably 12v 30A power supply, Ramps 1.4, and the full graphic smart controller LCD display.
- Wiring is managed perfectly, all the paths and routes are pre-considered, you won't need to invent any solution for managing wires.
- Uses two separate standard PCB mk2 heatedbeds.
- Dual Geared bowden extruder using MK7 extruder gears, Provide precision and power at the same time.
- PSU switching is completely shielded and secured, There is a PC style On/off switch and power inlet added.
- There are two well mounted ON/OFF Switches, one for the LED lights under the extruder heads, and the other one for manually enabling the second heated bed, in order to save energy on smaller prints.
- Sufficient cooling system on ramps 1.4 board including two dedicated cooling fans one for regulators and one for stepper drivers.
- Adjustable dual E3d hotend mount.
Upgrade and enlarge your reprap prusa i3 3d printer
First print, Printing a marvin (not fully calibrated yet)