Orca v.2 40mm print fan mount
by Tunako, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
Mount for an 40mm cooling fan. Fits on an Orca v 0.2 with V9 Hotend.
Improves print quality, especially when printing thin walled objects.
The mount is designed for a 40mm fan with 4mm holes and a hole spacing of 32mm.
- a fan mount,
- a funnel to guide the air directly below the hotend nozzle
- a fan grill to protect the fan
Without the funnel the fan will blow to much air against the hotend, so that it may fail to reach more than 205 Â°C, with the funnel it may still be necessary to raise the hotend temperature by 3-5Â°C. (I use 213Â°C for PLA).
A higher heatbed voltage may also be necessary. (I use 19 V for PLA)
I'm not entirely happy with the funnel geometry, comments/suggestions are appreciated.
Fan grill created with "Parametric fan grille": http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:11906 With parameters:
hole_spacing = 32; hole_size = 4.5; outer_size = 40; corner_cut_radius = 27; outer_circle_diameter = 38.20; inner_circle_diameter = 15; outer_thickness = 3; inner_thickness = 2; vane_count = 8; vane_width = 0.5; ring_count = 3; ring_width = 0.5;
- Print fan mount
- Print fan funnel (optional, but highly recommended)
- Print fan grill (optional)
- Drill out holes with a 4mm drill, if necessary.
- Attach fan mount to the x carriage with existing M4x40mm screws (see photo).
- Attach fan funnel, fan and fan grill to the fan mount with 4x M4x25mm screws
- Increase hotend temperature by 3-5Â°C, if necessary.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Orca v.2 40mm print fan mount by Tunako is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving Tunako a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure Tunako would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).