Small Side Font
by br3ttb, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
I created most of these letters while doing "The Saturday Killer" ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:12592 ) I figured it would be nice to create a full-fledged font instead of just doing the letters that I needed.
This font uses the layer thickness (pathT) and extrusion width (pathW) to create small two-color-friendly text.
included are capital letters, numbers, and some simple punctuation. You can create the letters by themselves (a(), b(), etc...) or you can use the provided writeText and rotateText modules. There's also a helper spreadsheet that will create the OpenSCAD code for you.
if you do the letters by themselves I highly recommend placing a cube behind your text to simplify skeining.
d = 2pathW
w = text length
h = 10pathT
- Fixed the shoddy construction (see discussion below)
- Added two text-creation modules: writeText and rotateText. One of the things that irks me about the other OpenSCAD fonts is that each letter gets the same horizontal space, even if it's a thin letter (like "I".) I added a little more complexity to fix that. Instead of just specifying the letters and count, you also specify the horizontal offset for each letter. kind of a pain, BUT:
- I added a code-creation spreadsheet. Just type in your words and a couple parameters, and the OpenSCAD code is automatically generated. It's an xls, but I checked and it imports well into google docs
- Added numbers and some simple punctuation
- removed "Work in Progress" status. If I end up doing lowercase and more punctuation, it will be in a derivative font.
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse Apps
Small Side Font by br3ttb is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving br3ttb a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure br3ttb would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).