Recorder V2.3 (new Mouthpiece)
by cymon, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
If you like my work I hope you'll consider supporting me on Pateron: https://www.patreon.com/3DPrintingProfessor
Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/mrjoesays
After seeing the overhang on tzzhc4's print ( http://www.thingiverse.com/derivative:15325 ) I realized how I could fix it. This is that fix. Then I saw Upgrayedd's print of V2.2 and realized how I could place the pieces better (with holes facing out)
The recorder is one of the oldest woodwind instruments. In the hands of an experienced player it creates a sound synonymous with Renaissance music. Often used in elementary music classes because of it's ease of operation. With 3D printing everyone can have one of their own to make beautiful music on... or wailing screeches if they never got past "hot crossed buns".
Print recorderv2.3.stl with high infill. (Alternately you can print the mouthpiece here and the rest from recorder V2.2 individual parts.)
- Sharpen the edge of the lip to a fine point.
- Twist the foot to adjust for comfortable pinky finger placement.
- The top of the body and the mouthpiece is connected with a longer connecter to allow for some tuning.
- Note that if you start with all holes covered and remove them one-by-one that the high notes are going to sound flat. That is normal. To get the proper tones for all the notes use the key chart on en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder#Recorder_fingering .
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
Recorder V2.3 (new Mouthpiece) by cymon is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution - Share Alike license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- You must distribute Remixes under the same license as the original.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving cymon a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure cymon would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).