Spoolz v2 is THE fully printable and adjustable spool holder solution you've been looking for. *SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED
The new version includes some much needed adjustments:
- deeper grooves in the bearings
- better acme thread clearances.
- slotted mounting holes in the base
- Phillips style bolt.
Also I've made it a bit more pretty.
Gear Bearing v7 has a slightly smaller outer ring for tolerance issues.
1. Print 8x Bolts to mount the gear bearings.
2. Gear bearings may require some hand rework to remove flashing or filament from low quality prints. The bearings WILL stick if the gear teeth have extra material on them. (use an x-acto knife or similar to clean them up if necessary)
3. I have included a 'tire' for the bearing, if you have a TPE like NinjaFlex to print it with.
4. The screw has been the hardest thing for me to print, I suggest using a spiralize setting if you can and printing it with 70-100% fill.
5. The knob has a tapered thread, so you can tighten it onto the screw.
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
PLEASE COMMENT ANY TROUBLES SO I CAN ADDRESS THEM IN FUTURE REVISIONS
I saw other fully printable spool holders out there, but none of them seemed to work that well. So I threw Spoolz together hoping to fill that void. It is a work in progress so please feel free to make suggestions or comments!