craft stick connectors
by donald_stouffer, published
Liked ByView All
Give a Shout Out
If you print this Thing and display it in public proudly give attribution by printing and displaying this tag.Print Thing Tag
These are small clips that you can use to make 3D models with craft sticks. They come in several types and I will be designing more types through February.
They require no rafts or support and print quickly.
Any recommendations for part designs please let me know.
FlashForge Creator Pro
Project: popsicle connectors
- Create simple projects using craft sticks and connectors.
- Learn basic architecture principles.
- Learn Tinkercad basics by adjusting premade connectors
- Grades 3-12 can use the connectors to create buildings and bridges.
- Grades 6-12 can use Tinkercad to adjust the pieces if desired.
- Grades 3-6 will need pieces printed for them by their instructor.
- Grades 6-12 will need access to computers with reliable internet connections and be logged into a free Tinkercad account.
- Grades 7-12 will be able to print the pieces themselves while being supervised by their instructor.
- The instructor should be proficient in TinkerCad and confident in answering student questions regarding 3D modeling.
Step 1: Brainstorm designs of potential builds.
Step 2: Turn in final submission for project approval
Step 3: Create a blueprint on paper of design they will be building
Step 4: Create material list of connectors and craft sticks necessary to complete the build.
Step 5: Design and print out pieces necessary for build.
Step 6: Assemble build.
Step 7: Student will self assess final build by comparing material list and blueprint to finished product.
At the end of the project each student will have:
- Student-created STL files of modified Tinkercad connectors
- A blueprint of final build
- Material list
- Self assessment notes
- Final build
- Extra pieces if student did not correctly anticipate needs
Upgrade this Thing with Thingiverse AppsCustomization
Edit, personalize, or revise this ThingPrint Fulfilment
Order a print of this ThingTools and Utilities
Repair, slice, or enhance this Thing
craft stick connectors by donald_stouffer is licensed under the Creative Commons - Attribution license.
What does this mean?
- You must attribute (give credit) to the creator of this Thing.
- Remixing or Changing this Thing is allowed.
- Commercial use is allowed.
Show Some Love
Say thanks by giving donald_stouffer a tip and help them continue to share amazing Things with the Thingiverse community.Tip Designer
We're sure donald_stouffer would love to see what you've printed. Please document your print and share a Make with the community.
To post a Make simply visit this Thing again and click I Made One to start uploading your photo. It’s even easier to post a Make via the Thingiverse Mobile app (available via Google Play and Apple App Store).