Please pay attention to new plastic filament brand "Watson". This plastic has the lowest coefficient of thermal expansion and this property allows to:
- The material is well suited for 3D printing large-size layouts.
For example, you can easily print the violin https://youtu.be/oknLLjHntjs
- Never unstick the corners of the products.
- No unpleasant smell.
- And the most interesting is the possibility of processing plastic. You can be made transparent products.
I personally recommend this plastic and I want to say that Watson and Sitall glass plate is a perfect combination allowing you to save time and get great results from beginning and to the end of 3D printing.
All colors of Watson plastic you can see here http://unique3d.ru/en/productcategory/plastic-en-2/watson-en/
Sitall Glass plate you can see http://unique3d.ru/en/productcategory/sitall-glass/
About Watson filament:
Printing on U3D Sitall Glass Plate from good adhesion.
Printing ABS, HeatBed 120с. Glass is not processed. Kapton, glue stick, hairspray or adhesive tape were not used.
The product are sticking very tightly. Its hard to rip even with significant force. When printing will ends and HeatBed cools to 80C, model will unstick by itself.
U3D Sitall Glass Bed Features:
- Excellent build surface for both ABS
- Low thermal expansion
- Resistant to thermal shock / temperature cycling far in excess of intended use
- Cut for heated bed platforms
The model should not be hollow or have voids!!!!
- For printing you need to use a nozzle with a larger diameter.
In this case, we used the nozzle 0.8 mm.
- KISSlicer "Extrusion Width 0.8mm"
- Slic3r "Nozzle diameter 0.8mm"
- The layer height you need to set the parameter 1/3 of the diameter of the nozzle.
- KISSlicer Layer Thickness approximately 0.25
- Infilling 3D product with the parameter:
- KISSlicer "Vase"
- Slic3r advanced options is the "Spiral vase"
Do not set a large printing speed. At this diameter the nozzle printing speed greatly affects the quality of the walls. Better to use from 40-20 mm/s
- The thickness of the product must be in one perimeter (in one ring). If you set a few perimeters, in the postprocessing between them will not be able to permeate the solvent and the wall you will get only glossy not transparent. The wall of bottle must be thicker as possible for this we recommended to use a nozzle with a larger diameter. Also, will be influenced the wall thickness "Extrusion multiplier" of the filament. Extrusion multiplier must be inflated.
- Slic3r's "Filament Settings" - "Extrusion multiplier" must be approximately 1.2-1.4
- Tweak KISSlicer Flow 1.8-2
t - nozzle 190 to 270c (varies on printer)
t - heatbed about 100C (varies by printer)
- Heatbed Plate
The "Watson" Plastic sticks well to most heatbed plates.
However, we advise you to use Sitall Glass Plate, this is the perfect solution to save your time and get great results from beginning to end of printing. This glass is specially designed for 3D printer.
Sitall Glass the 4.0mm glass plate provides a tough, super flat, chemical and heat resistant build surface which you may print directly onto glass, without cover Kapton Tape, glue stick, hairspray or adhesive tape.
Postprocessing of the product and creating effect of glass.
You will need:
a) Solvent which is diluted oily paints.
From the pros:
It has a low price and can be bought at the hardware store.
Of the minuses:
Smell. ( strong smell gasoline )
b) D-Limonene is a naturally occurring, biodegradable solvent as the main component is citrus peel oil. This product's interesting chemical properties, a pleasant citrus aroma, and a FDA GRAS (Generally Recognized As Safe) rating have earned its acceptance in many diverse chemical applications. D-Limonene is a relatively safe and highly effective organic solvent that is replacing the more irritating petroleum-based solvents as well as the environmentally hazardous chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents.
Hazardous shipping rates apply for AIR shipments (some restrictions apply)
A metal container or made of plastic resistant to aggressive environment such as HDPE or PP.
- Hair dryer
Begin of the process.
Pour a small amount into a container
- Then put the bottle into the container and quick movements moisten the surface.
Always ensure that the liquid gets to all surface of the product. Liquid must be from the outside and the inside otherwise there will be faded spots. Do everything you need very quickly, about 30-40 seconds, otherwise the plastic may dissolve quickly.
Remove carefully the bottle by the neck, carefully drain the liquid out of inside and put bottle on the stand.
Then dry the bottle during 4-6 minutes with a Hairdryer on maximum flow with hot air. Dry on all sides evenly and do not put the product for a long time on the bottom otherwise it will stick. Once the plastic is longer stick to your fingers you can stop drying.
You can watch this video which briefly demonstrates the process of post-processing
If you want or if there are strong stains, fingerprints from your fingers then you can repeat the procedure. But don't do it very often, the product may dissolve and lose its shape.
If You still have questions, we are happy to answer them.
Thanks for Your watching !