This was created in Fusion360 [file included] to be a lampshade I can shape the way I like it.
It's also a way to learn about creating a pattern in Fusion360.
To state the obvious... If you don't create the pattern, you'll have a vase... So two for the price of one...
slow print this...
make sure the printbed is warm and the machine is shielded / wrapped to keep in the heat. I use a big box.
I used Fusion360 tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PnKBSOulwo to guide me through the process.
- create vertical line [height]
- create 90deg horizontal lines; at top and bottom
2a. create a splice to connect top and bottom
2b. play around with the tangent to create the shape you like [==half an outline]
- create a circular pattern
- slice off a top and bottom rim
- create a shell to make it hollow
- draw a set of parallel lines to create a shape
- project these shapes and intersect
- create a circular pattern for each body repeat ~22 times
- save and export as stl
- check stl-file ... eg. netfab basic